ACA publish a number of key documents used extensively by
the building profession. The latest are:
New publications for 2012
Introduction to Pricing under TPC2005 and STPC2005. This publication was launched at the PPC/TPC Conference in October. It is available for £17 per copy.
ACA SFA 2012 - A new edition of the every popular Architect's appointment document ACA SFA was released in October 2012 in a 2012 edition which includes Bribery Act and Construction Act amendments. This is now available from the ACA.
A Scottish suite of documents in the PPC suite is also being drafted.
ACA SFA - ACA Standard Form of Agreement for the Appointment of an Architect
ACA SFA/08 (originally published in September 2008) has now been updated to ACA SFA, 2012 Edition in English Law. The English version is now available at £22 per copy or £20 per copy when two or more copies are purchased.
- see the background to this new publication in the SFA stop press in 'Tasters'
- for a full sample 'worked' copy of this Appointment document go to 'Tasters'
Why Chose ACA SFA?
The principal differences between the ACA form and the RIBA Standard/Concise forms are:
1. The ACA form is bound into one booklet with removable notes and model letters whilst the RIBA forms both have several booklets
2. The schedules of services and of fees and expenses are more comprehensive in the ACA form and are bound into the form itself
3. The Concise Agreement does not protect the Architect charging a percentage fee when the Client reduces in the brief (as does the ACA form). As the project progresses, percentage fees for earlier stages are adjusted in retrospect as the construction cost estimates vary over time and is finally calculated on the cost of the final works. Thus, work already done on the more expensive scheme prior to the reduction would attract a lower fee than had the reduction not been instructed. Therefore, an Architect using the Concise Agreement might wish to add a clause in the appointment letter saying, ‘If the Client were to instruct during the performance of the Services an alteration to the brief resulting in a reduction in the estimated construction cost, the percentage Fee shall be calculated on the basis that the Fee for work carried out before this instruction is based on the brief prior to this instruction.’
4. The ACA form has been amended to cover the new Construction Act and Bribery Act requirements.
There is a PPC2000 dedicated website at www.ppc2000.co.uk for
further information on ACA's partnering contracts. To learn more about the range of projects that have been procured using PPC2000 and TPC2005 download the free publication which features 28 case studies. 10 Years of PPC2000
New Construction Act: Date Confirmed
The Government passed an order confirming that 1st October 2011 was the date for the long anticipated implementation of the new Construction Act. The new Act appplies to ACA's entire range of Partnering Contracts and the majority of its Appointment documents and other contracts. These documents will need to be revised to show the requirements of the new Act which relate to the way that payment and dispute resolution provisions are dealt with and operated.
We have produced amendments for all our documents and will also be producing a track marked version of the amendments for our Partnering Suite of Contracts. Updated formats will be issued accordingly. Any contracts entered into after 1st October that have not been updated will be non compliant with the new Act.
Details of the amendments to the PPC, TPC and SPC Partnering Contracts can be found on our dedicated website: http://www.ppc2000.co.uk/news.html
ACA SFA 2010 Amendments
The following amendments must be incorporated into ACA SFA 2010 in order to comply with the Bribery and LDEDC Acts.
Bribery Act Amendments
LDEDC Act Amendments
ACA Publications available at 2012:
- Guide to ACA Term Partnering Contracts TPC2005 and STPC2005
- STPC2005 - ACA Standard Short Form of Specialist Contract for Term Partnering
- SPC2000 Short Form Issued 2010- ACA Standard Form of Specialist Contract for Project Partnering
- ACA SFA 2010 Edition - ACA Standard Form of Agreement for the Appointment of an Architect
- ACA SFA/08 ACA Standard Form of Agreement for the Appointment of an Architect
- PPC2000 - ACA Standard Form of Contract for Project Partnering [Amended 2008]
- PPC2000 - ACA Standard Form of Contract for Project
Partnering [Amended 2003]
- PPC International - ACA Standard Form of Contract for Project Partnering Overseas
- SPC2000 - ACA Standard Form of Specialist Contract for Project Partnering (Amended 2008)
- SPC2000 - ACA Standard Form of Specialist Contract
for Project Partnering (Amended 2004)
- SPC International - ACA Standard Form of Specialist Contract for Project Partnering Overseas
- TPC2005 - ACA Standard Form of Contract for Term Partnering [Amended 2008]
- TPC2005 - ACA Standard Form of Contract for Term Partnering
- Scottish Supplement PPC(S)2000 to PPC2000 ACA Standard
Form of Contract for Project Partnering
Guide to ACA Project Partnering Contracts PPC2000 and
- Introduction to Pricing under PPC2000 and PPC International
- ACA Form of Building Agreement 1982 Third Edition 1998
- Guide to ACA Form of Building Agreement 1982 Third
Edition 1998 (2003 Revision)
- ACA Form of Sub-Contract 1982 Third Edition 1998 (2003
- ACA98 The Appointment of a Consultant Architect For
Small Works, Works of Simple Content and Specialist Services (2004
- ACA Architect's Instructions - pad of 100
- ACA Interim Certificate - pad of 100
- ACA Taking-Over Certificate - pad of 50
- ACA Final Certificate - pad of 50
- ACA Conciliation Agreement 1998
- ACA Certificate for agreeing extended period for the consideration of a Planning Application
Fuller Descriptions and some 'Tasters' of the main ACA documents are supplied
on this website at 'Tasters'
in this Publication section. Order documents via this website on the Order Form supplied or ring 020 8466 9079
Architects, Chartered Architects and Architectural Derivatives - A guide to who should help with your building project
To help your clients understand the difference between architects, architectural technicians, architectural technologists and other classifications of design professionals, the ACA in collaboration with the ARB, CIAT and RIAS have produced an information leaflet which can be downloaded from here.